The Formula 1 Season
Nations that are scheduled to host a Grand Prix in 2018 are highlighted in green, with circuit locations marked with a black dot. Former host nations are shown in dark grey, and former host circuits are marked with a white dot.
Teams & Drivers for 2018
Results - Summary
World Constructors' Championship standings
- Driver did not finish the Grand Prix, but was classified as he completed more than 90% of the race distance.
- The standings are sorted by best result, rows are not related to the drivers. In case of tie on points, a certain position is achieved determines the outcome.
- Force India entered administration on 27 July. The Sahara Force India team was excluded from the championship for failing to compete in every race when it was purchased by Racing Point UK Ltd. The team competed as "Racing Point Force India F1 Team" from the Belgian Grand Prix onwards.
- Red Bull Racing uses Renault R.E.18 power units. For sponsorship purposes, these engines are rebadged as "TAG Heuer".
- The United States Grand Prix remains subject to the approval of the local sanctioning body.
- The French Grand Prix used the short 3.812 km (2.369 mi) configuration of the Circuit Paul Ricard between 1986 and 1990; the longer 5.809 km (3.610 mi) circuit was used nine times between 1971 and 1985. The 5.842 km (3.630 mi) layout was used for the first time in 2018.
- Formula One measures fuel, oil and engine fluids in mass rather than volume as these fluids expand and contract when subject to heat and as a result the volume may change; however, the mass remains the same regardless of heat.
- Daniel Ricciardo set the fastest lap on lap 70, but an error in the chequered flag being waved early saw the race results validated on lap 68. Max Verstappen was officially recognised as setting the fastest lap.
- In the event that two laps cannot be completed, no points are awarded and the race is abandoned.
- In the event that two or more drivers or constructors achieve the same best result an equal number of times, their next-best result will be used. If two or more drivers or constructors achieve equal results an equal number of times, the FIA will nominate the winner according to such criteria as it sees fit.
- Force India's points were voided and the team excluded from the championship before the Belgian Grand Prix. The team's assets were sold and then re-entered under the same "Force India-Mercedes" name by a newly-formed team that purchased the old team's assets; this team was treated as a separate entrant in the Constructors' Championship.